Thursday 4 February 2010

The §$&#*~ing limit!

I've been in the bleak and absolutely disheartening situation of having application after application rejected. I've despaired more than once of the seemingly futile attempts to contact professors, programmes and universities for PhD positions and yes! I know the desperation of the aspiring PhD student. But I had the sense to write proper letters, if and when I wrote to people for advice.. I also had specific questions and tried my best not to be a waste of time... so I really think people that don't extend the same courtesy to me deserve their emails deleted.. and posted here before that..

Here is the pick of the ridiculous emails that have been flooding my inbox the past month..I've changed the names (though these idiots would deserve their names publicised!) I kid you not..this is the kinda crap I've to put up with!

Hai R,

myself thomas i am gladdy that you are pursuestering your phd in the bsrt i do the master in science in botany from mysore university third sem. i want some halp in the knowledge of the application to the bsrt kindly formulate the needful


-hi R....i am glad to know that u r pursuing ur phd over there...i need some help from urside if u can....actually i wanna to make an impressive sop.... bt i dont know the formate....can u tel me ur formate...bye best of luck


Dear madam,
while surfing through net for PhD; i got ur ID and being an indian too i would like to first congrgulate u for ur high ambition and superior mentality and achievement. mam, i  Dr dash, done my graduation in veterinary science and post graduation in veternary pharmacology, presently doing PhD in vety pharmacology and toxicology at westbengal  veterinary university. i am in first semestar of PhD programme. mam, may i request u  do give any idea abut the subject , university, and requirments for applying a PhD progrmaame that wd be suitable to my profile.


I am Y.S from INDIA, completed my Masters in Bioinformatics with 70%(2006-2008), and also did my advance course in bioinformatics at Indian Institute of Chemical Technology. I have one International paper publication too. Actually I have applied to so many Universities in Germany for PhD...but always my application is getting unsuccessful.. I have been trying from APRIL 2009..I am trying very hardly but I am not getting PhD..I have keen interest to do PhD...I send more than 65 applications....But still I am getting failures....so...could you please please help me how to get PhD....Please  please  help me friends......



Myself CV. I am CV, currently pursuing M.Sc (Drug discovery) from Univ of London. I am about to complete my Masters in sept - 09. Presently carrying out research project at UCL. My bachelors is in medicine from India.
I am currently working on Biological project and want to continue to stay in the field of biological science. I came across ur university and im quite interested to know more about it.
So how is it wortful to apply as they may think i am from different backgroung and what may be the chances to get in to the programme.
Awaiting for your kind reply. Please provide ur respectful suggestion or advice.


Respected Mam..

I am BIOTECHNOLOGY postgraduate searching for Ph.D in your LABORATORY . I have well hands on experience in BIOTECHNOLOGY Laboratory skills

and i am interested in any field in your LABORATORY. i have registerd in your WEBSITE so please help to find the ONLINE application form

So please see MAIL me..


Hi
I'm ss ,
I'm applying to XYZ for PhD.
Im feeling application form as well.so can u guide me which 3 research projects i prefer,
I get to know about u from PhD students link from XYZ.
Kindly waiting for u r reply
faithfully,


hellow mam My self T.R completed my M.S in Biochemistry, working as a project fellow, sir i wan to develop my self in research so please help me,. sir please find the attachment file for further need full action. sir my two papers are in prosses to sent to article or jorunal.mam can please help me. plzzzzzzzzz

Regards


--

Yup! the average PhD student's woes go far beyond the frustrations of failed experiments. A response to all these guys.. I feel for you..I really do! but if you want any help, you'd do well to improve your language and pick a better recipient!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! keep 'em coming.. Bahut acha. LOLd a lot. and machee, fb addict is someone who refreshes the feed page every 3 mins to check(read me) :P