Saturday 16 January 2010

food forage..

Right! I'm not too happy with that title, but since I can't do better, we'll let it slide. Anyways.. it's now 22.40 hours on a Saturday.. and my most recent blog-worthy incident is 40 minutes old and in the process of being digested.. here's the recap...

So.. I surfaced at 22.00 hrs (from a long and gruesome paper involving horrific cruelty to mice) acutely aware of my rumbling tummy.. A quick survey of my supplies turned up one large potato and a small onion. A quick wack on the forehead and 'Renu, you fool! you were supposed to do a grocery run today!' later I'd pooled my resources and gathered the makings for Kartoffelpuffer..german potato pancakes.

Here's a pictorial of the process...

 






..And in a record time of 15 minutes, the above progress was planned, executed and in a further 10, consumed!

The verdict: Burp!

1 comment:

bluejay said...

gosh! not bad at all!!.. had some at the christmas market with rasberry&blueberry jam/mash.. and it was just awesome!!!...

ur making me hungrrrry :(